Friday, December 11, 2015

Ventura Pier

I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures from facebook to the blog so I took a picture with my camera.  
One of our missionaries messaged me and said "I've seen videos of the storm out there!  Hope everything is okay!"  My response was "so where are you talking about?  In Ventura we have wind.  What's happening?"
Getting on facebook I see more posts and find out the surf was high maybe up to 15 feet.  Waves crashed over the top of the pier with a railing dangling and pilings were pushed to shore.  There was some coastal flooding.  The report said one of the palm trees near Surfers Point fell over and erosion continued on the bike path.  This is where we like to ride our bikes.  We'll have to wait a week or so before we can go see.


No comments:

Post a Comment