Friday, January 2, 2015

January 2015

Yesterday started off well as we cleaned up Christmas decor before going to a district meeting held in Ventura.  A talk was given on feeling good about yourself.  We had an EDPEP on talking with people  and truly caring about them.  Also, bring in a gospel principle.  When President and I did it, the role playing when we kept in mind a real person we have had experience with was much more successful.  Each missionary shared what goals they would be working on for the week.  Before it was our turn we didn't think we would participate but the spirit prompts.  I told them I was impressed with all they do.  It is a new year and I had decided that I would start working on Spanish again.  Oh my, they all started writing it down.  "Whoa," I said "that means I really have to do it."  They got a laugh out of that.  I told them I was going to be reading an article from the Ensign each day also.  Dad said he was going to be more organized.  Well both of our goals went out the window.  We left district meeting to get gas before wanting to go to the store to get a bag to store the Christmas tree in.  A call from one of the senior couples called asking what our schedule was.  He said they were having a crisis.  OK, we drove right to the office.  We dealt with it and then ran to Hobby Lobby to check out lit Christmas trees.  Woohoo, 80% off of Christmas items.  We found a tree and bags for next year's devotionals.  We felt really good about that.  We went home so emails could be read and I was still updating my tablet's calendar for the year.  We received a phone call from some sisters in Santa Barbara.  One of the sisters was having medical issues and she had not gotten better.  We told them to go to the ER because we knew she wasn't able to get into the doctor until January 20 (which she had made an appointment for a gastrologist). We met them at the hospital.  We didn't get home until 11:30.  I was disappointed because I thought I would be able to listen to the Ensign but it is not available yet.  I did listen and repeat Spanish.  My desire is to make time to sit down and study the language.
How appropriate at the district meeting that patience was discussed.  The sister lead a discussion doing an acronym with PATIENCE.   
This morning I did the 15 minute workout (I forgot, Brooke, what it is called) because of time.  We have to be to the office now so that Dad can go over the transfer board with the assistants.  Two missionaries have to be moved today because of issues revealed last night.  
So when I say, "You never know what is in store when we answer the phone," you can kind of see no matter how organized, we don't have control.  I told the missionaries I was learning flexibility.  Laurie has repeated that to me on several occasions.  I really am doing better.
2015 is starting out a little bumpy but it's OK.  We feel very blessed.  Still amazed we are on a mission.  Much to improve on but so ready to do the Lord's will!
We love you and are grateful for your prayers and support.  We miss you but are very thankful we can skype or face time you and be able to see your beautiful faces. 
I am grateful for my testimony.  I feel it is a blessing to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is TRUE.  Our missionary purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.  
Our mission now has 5 new areas of focus which go along with the purpose:
We begin with the end in mind.
We are consecrated servants of Jesus Christ.
We strive to serve the Lord through our obedience.
We are led by the Spirit as we find and teach.
We desire the salvation of souls.
I love how President is an instrument in HIS hands.
I love you ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment